Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Break

I thought about going to the VA State Champs race on Sunday over in Virginia Beach but let it go. I think it was probably the right decision. Needed to recharge the batteries some. I took it easy most of last week, all the way thru Thanksgiving day. Then did some good training over the weekend, couple of hours each day with some intervals. Now it's all taper thru nationals. Hopefully, I can find my way back into the top 10 at the two remaining NC cross series races. Nationals should be a blast, it can't be any worse than last year.

Running is over for me. I made it pretty late into the season. Running disgusts me, so I find it a chore just to go out and do 15 or 20 minutes during the week. I had intentions to put in a run over the weekend but it didn't happen.

I guess this is the time of year when living in the south comes into it's own. We're still having temps in the high 60s during the day. I've got to admit, I've become a real pussy about riding in the cold. My lower limit now is about 35 - 40 degrees. Shouldn't be too many days down here all winter where it doesn't get above 40 degrees during the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home