Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The World Cup




I got into soccer a few years ago by following the English Premier League when we had Fox Sports World but our cable company in MD discontinued it not too long after I discovered the world's most popular sport. Now that we're down here in NC, I can follow it again. In fact, our cable company down here (Cox) is the shit. Tons of channels, including Boom which shows the old cartoons (Tom & Jerry, Pink Panther, Bugs Bunny). I was afraid Atticus would grow up thinking Spongebob was as good as it gets. Anyway, got down here just in time to catch the end of the Premiership season and get primed for the World Cup.

Speaking of which, the end of the first round of the group matches was today and the US of A sucked ass, badly. I didn't see the Ukraine get the beatdown at the hands of Spain today (4 - 0) but from the matches I did see the US was by far the worst team. They looked dead it the water for all 90 minutes. Hard to see them recovering to at least tie Italy this Saturday and get out of their group. I think I'm adopting Brazil as my favorite team. Not because of their play but because of their fans.





















I aim to not only inform but to entertain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home